Saturday, June 17, 2006

Our Wedding

June 17, 2006
Four Seasons Aviara Resort
Carlsbad, California
After months of planning, the big day finally arrived.
First, we would like to thank our families for their love and support. Michael and I have both been truly blessed with wonderful families.
Our wedding would not have been the same without our wonderful wedding party.
Maid of Honor- Bobbie
Definitely the best maid of honor that any bride could ask for. There is no doubt in my mind that if I had told her that the maid of honor had to wear a clown costume with 5" stilettos, she would have done so without batting an eye. And in fact, she probably would have practiced doing cartwheels and balloon art in preparation for the big day.
Bridesmaid- Tara
Michael and I were on the fence about hiring a videographer until about a month before the wedding. However, it became very clear to us during Tara's toast that we made the right decision in getting one. I think everyone at the wedding will agree that Tara could start hiring herself out as a great bridesmaid and a professional wedding toaster.
Best Man- Kris
I think under "Best Man" in Webster's Dictionary and the "Groom's Guide" there is a picture of Kris. He was at Michael's side all weekend to keep him calm during the stressful times and to help him relish the good times, as always.
Groomsman- Jason
I think Michael and Bachelor Party may be an oxymoron, but Jason pulled off an amazing event. They should re-name it San Diego's Gas-twirth District. While there was no Little Elvis, he came through for Michael and all the guys Big-time.
Ushers- Shubho and Mike
Michael and I consider both of you guys to be our friends, not just the great husbands of friends.
Shubho- Thank you so much for being Sweta's cheerleader/drill sergeant when she hit those rough times and just couldn't hold the calligraphy pen any longer. Your support and thoughtfulness has been incredibly touching to us.
Mike- You were such a good sport to aid Tara in her toast though I'm sure I'm speaking for quite a few of us when I say we are disappointed that you talked her out of the interpretive dance.
And a very special thanks to our friend Sweta, who despite giving birth to her first child a few months before our wedding, still managed to address all of our invites and do countless other things for us. Michael and I would often find ourselves asking: what would we have done without Sweta?
We would like to thank all our friends and family for being a part of our special day.



This is probably one of my favorite pictures from the wedding. I've seen it several times and I'm still laughing about it. The photographer asked us to make funny faces for the picture and I have no idea if Tara just responded faster than the rest of us... or took longer to go back to normal face. Regardless... this picture is truly a classic.

For more photos, please check out: http://katherinemichaelwedding.blogspot.com/

Pictures by Hank Nam, Blue 22 Photography

No comments: