Once we returned from the honeymoon, I decided to throw Michael a small surprise party to celebrate his promotion. I sent out an e-mail to the guests and hoped that we'd all be able to keep it a secret...
About a week before the party... someone confessed.. they had LEAKED the surprise to Michael!!! I won't point any fingers at the guilty party but her name starts with the letters B-O-B and she was the maid of honor at my wedding....

Soooo... as damage control, I convinced Michael that Sweta/Shubho and Tara/Mike wanted to take Michael out to dinner to celebrate and for their sakes, if he could pretend to be surprised, I'd really appreciate it.
The party was on July 29 at BJ's Brewery. Tara (the decoy) called right before 7 to say they were running late (blamed the baby- always a safe excuse) and that they'd meet us there at 7:15.
Michael, Bobbie and I arrived at BJ's at 7:15 and TA DA! there was everyone waiting! 
The guest of honor and me.
Michael, me, Aaron, Christina, Darren and Shubho.
Good grief.. are we getting old? Why are there so many children at the dinner?
Bobbie holding Arjun, Michael, me holding Ryan, Tara and Mike holding Sean.
Michael and my parents

Essie and Ryan

The other Guest of Honor- The Pizookie Platter

Sweta cutting into one of The Pizookie Platters

Sean doing what he does best- Flirting with Sweta's mom and dad.


No comments:
Post a Comment